cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOC tab not rendering in Ubuntu

falconLucas
Associate II

I have a freshly installed stm32cubeide 1.13.2 on my ubuntu 22.04 machine and I've created a new workspace with a new project. In the beginning, everything works fine. But after generating code, closing the ioc file tab, closing the IDE and reopening the IDE with the same workspace and attempting to open the IOC file, it opens a blank tab failing to render the IOC file. If I close the tab and reopening it, the IDE hangs sometimes, or fails like before. It also seems to be using a whole lot of cpu resources. Reinstalling the IDE did not solve the problem.

13 REPLIES 13
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @falconLucas 

First let me thank you for reporting.

This issue is reported internally (Internal ticket number:165338) .

I will keep you posted with updates.

Thx

Ghofrane

I found only one solution after all. The CubeMX seems to be installed sepparately under home/STM32Cube/Repository. After manually deleting any versions newer than v1110, it came back to life. But the IDE updates it sometimes and the problem reappears. Hope this information may come useful.

lonejack
Associate III

I've the same problem...

If can help, this is what I see running the IDE from cli:

claudio@claudio-i7:~$ /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.12.1/stm32cubeide
1 : Invalid condition id : UX_CORESTACK_Condition cause : null
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
Nominal
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end -1, length 18
at java.base/java.lang.String.checkBoundsBeginEnd(String.java:4606)
at java.base/java.lang.String.substring(String.java:2709)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ip.adc.model.ADCParamManager.updateIpParameters(ADCParamManager.java:735)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ipmanager.generictreatment.model.ParamManager.setConfigurationState(ParamManager.java:714)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ipmanager.generictreatment.model.ParamManager.setConfigurationState(ParamManager.java:696)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ip.adc.ADC.setConfigurationState(ADC.java:185)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ipmanager.gui.IPsOverviews.setConfigState(IPsOverviews.java:2752)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ipmanager.gui.BlockDiagram.updateIPConfigState(BlockDiagram.java:1557)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.ipmanager.gui.BlockDiagram.propertyChange(BlockDiagram.java:1269)
at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(PropertyChangeSupport.java:343)
at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:335)
at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:268)
at com.st.microxplorer.util.MXPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(MXPropertyChangeSupport.java:54)
at com.st.microxplorer.mxsystem.MxSystem.MxFirePropertyChange(MxSystem.java:220)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.filemanager.engine.MainFileManager.userLoadConfig(MainFileManager.java:313)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.filemanager.FileManagerView.getSpecificTask(FileManagerView.java:247)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.editor.CubeMxEditor.getMxTabbedPaneInstance(CubeMxEditor.java:1184)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.editor.CubeMxEditor$12$1.createSwingComponent(CubeMxEditor.java:1065)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.oss.core.awtswtbridge.EmbeddedSwingComposite.doComponentCreation(EmbeddedSwingComposite.java:492)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.oss.core.awtswtbridge.EmbeddedSwingComposite$4.run(EmbeddedSwingComposite.java:291)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.oss.core.awtswtbridge.AwtEnvironment$2.run(AwtEnvironment.java:166)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:773)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Oskar_H
Senior

Hello,

same issue here with STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 and Ubuntu 23.10.

Each time I open the IDE, ioc tab is empty, the log is full of errors and I cannot even close the IDE by clicking the cross icon: it just does nothing and a popup says "not responding...". Almost unusable !!

I have found a tip to make things better : before launching the IDE, clean-up the following:

rm STM32CubeIDE/workspace_xxx/.metadata/.lock

rm -rf STM32CubeIDE/workspace_xxx/.metadata/.plugins

It does not solve the empty ioc tab issue but at least it avoids the IDE to crash or not respond...

Any news about this problem?

Quite difficult to work with these conditions...

rayleishen
Associate II

I've got the same issue on STM32CubeIDE 1.15.1 and Ubuntu 24.04.4

Will the cubeide behavior return to normal after reboot or session restart (aka logoff/logon)?

It was my first time running cubeide, it has not worked before. Also just reinstalled everything and still does not render.

Then you have different symptoms. The OP wrote that the GUI was rendering well 1st time and broke after generating code.