cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import CubeIDE 1.42 projects from C:/ drive to CubeIDE 1.10.1 on D:/ drive.

JJame.1
Associate II

Hello,

I got some old running fine applications (TouchGFX 4.13, CubeIDE 1.42, CubeMX 6.01) on a C:/ drive.

I installed the updated the tools chain on a D:/ drive as a precautionary measure to keep the originals intact.

I tried to import the projects but some items are different from an app created with this new tool chain.

Especially the STM32CubIDE folder does not show up with the IDE blue icon and its properties does not show the usual Builders, C/C+ Build&General, CMSIS-SVD, Project references settings. More over some C:\ path are still in the .cproject that can be corrected manually to point to D:\ drive.

What would be the best way to have those projects build on this new tools chain ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM..1
Chief II

I use this steps:

1. create empty workspace in new IDE
  2. place your project to any drive and folder without spaces , short is best
  3. if your project and workspace on old is same remove metedata after copy
  4. double click .project file ... result in empty workspace is imported your project
  5. refresh , clean and build

Other steps is missing fw and supported versions, here is required next steps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Under Windows it is not necessary to install the tools on another drive, another directory is quite sufficient. It is anyway advisable to install CubeIDE and TouchGFX in a path as short as possible, e.g. in C:\ST, because the tool-internal paths are already very long. In contrast to Linux, Windows occasionally has problems with spaces in the path, so that some functions do not run or work as expected.

If you then install the different CubeIDE versions in e.g. C:\ST\CubeIDE\xxyy and the TouchGFX versions in C:\ST\TGFX\xxyy, you can even use all versions at the same time.

And if you then pin the generated icons, which unfortunately all look the same, to the start menu with "Pin to Start", shrink them and then arrange them in a block (named e.g. ST) on top of each other (e.g. ascending version from bottom to top), you have perfect access to the different versions.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MM..1
Chief II

I use this steps:

1. create empty workspace in new IDE
  2. place your project to any drive and folder without spaces , short is best
  3. if your project and workspace on old is same remove metedata after copy
  4. double click .project file ... result in empty workspace is imported your project
  5. refresh , clean and build

Other steps is missing fw and supported versions, here is required next steps

Thanks MM, I will try you recipe.