cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im new to this so please be kind !!! I have a small project and am trying to drive a 16*2 LCD with a nucleo F030R8

DKils.2
Associate

ive followed the video on youtube "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OVo4p4FK-g" as closely as possible. I configure the chip correctly and then come to add the library. The folder structure is different in the video so i have tried many time making guesses where to put the files and then how to link them but keep getting errors. Is there a simple to follow tutorial that has the latest folder structure that i can follow or can someone help me with this problem. Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

Where in the process does the errors start to pop up? Are you using the same set up as in the video where he creates a project through STM32CubeMX stand alone?

There can be some differences between an imported SW4STM32 project (as shown in the video) and a project created using the integrated STM32CubeMX inside STM32CubeIDE.

If you have the same set up as in the video but still have a different folder structure then my guess is that perhaps you have used the integrated STM32CubeMX that is inside STM32CubeIDE or maybe chosen STM32CubeIDE as the toolchain instead of SW4STM32 as shown in the video?

He does mention that you can go ahead and choose STM32CubeIDE as that is what he will be using in the tutorial but you can get a different folder structure if you do.

DKils.2
Associate

Thanks for the reply

So no i am using CUBEIDE to set device and then jumping over to the code generation from CUBEIDE. As you mention he uses CUBE MX which i am unfamiliar with.

The folder structure i have in CUBEIDE is

LCD Tutorial

Binaries

Includes

Core

Drivers

Debug

What i am unsure of is which of these directories to put the drivers into and then link via properties of the project to the folder where the libraries are found.

The errors appear when i generate code.

If you can tell me A: where the files should go

B: the process to link the files into the project

That would be much appreciated

Thanks

TMeeh.1
Associate II

From my understanding, STM32CubeIDE is a superset of (i.e., includes) STM32CubeMX.

Help us help you: what errors are you getting? Please post them ...

STM32CubeIDE should link everything for you ... I didn't watch the video, but I am assuming that you are not loading any binary library files (*.a, *.so, or *.o), but are rather building everything from source code (*.c, *.h), right?

Just as @TMeeh.1​ asked, is it source code or libraries that you want to add and build?

If source code then the added folder needs to be set up as a source location. (Right click project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location -> Add Folder...)

If it's a library, then you can read the user guide on how to add a library. It's available here.

If you run into any issues then post the build console error messages.