cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE editor opening files from different path to that used in compile. How to fix?

Robmar
Senior III

After importing an Eclipse project for 32F407, I notice that CubeIDE shows files from a different path to the path for that folder shown in it's properties (right clicking on the folder icon). It opens files from the different path, lets me edit those, but when it compiles, it uses those from the path shown in properties!!!

How can I fix this?

13 REPLIES 13

You don't understand Pavel.

The IDE shows the files in the project, they are the files in PROJECT_LOC\eclipse\src.

I can click on them to open and edit.

But those files are NOT the ones it compiles.

Instead it is compiling the files in PROJECT_LOC\STMWST\src.

But it does not show the path PROJECT_LOC\STMWST

Do you understand the problem now?

Or we can use MS Visual Studio with the VisualGDB plugin. That should be far better because the VS editor is so much more advanced, and from the spec sheet VisualGDB debugging also looks much more advanced.

No I'm afraid I don't understand. Unless maybe "STMWST" is a configuration name, and sub-dir Src exists under PROJECT_LOC, and someone put a source file under STMWST/Src.

STMWST is a normal folder off the project root.

What's curious is that it shows and lets me open folders in project_loc/src, but requires the header files copied to STMWST, so I have to duplicate the headers.

There is clearly something messed-up and I need to stop the IDE from using the STMWST folder.

There are over 300 files so I'm not keen to recreate the project from scratch as you can imagine.

Maybe STM could answer this, if they have anyone in-house that programs the IDE extension.