cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need on the same project on two different machine: Windows and Mac. What to git track?

ubaldot
Senior

My idea is to git track the following folders

Core

Drivers

Middleware

and the two *.ld files so that I should be able to work seamlessly on both the Windows and Macos machines.

However, I am not sure if I should track also the .ioc file. Any hints? 

11 REPLIES 11
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Re. a makefile and STM32Programmer_CLI for programming - both are good ideas. STM32Programmer_CLI has documentation, just in case somebody will wonder how to use it))

>  I selected "Copy all used libraries into the project folder" ...  just to add some robustness and to be sure that I won't miss anything. 

Yes this adds robustness, in a sense that all source files are contained in the project tree. But consider that these library files are updated by ST, then you'll have to update these files in your project as well.

Re. these warnings like "warning: _close is not implemented and will always fail": this is a known issue with the runtime library, should be fixed in next version. Meanwhile you can ignore these warnings (because no one uses _close, _exit etc. in embedded  software, nobody cares that they may fail) - or use an older toolchain that does not have this issue.

ubaldot
Senior

Yes this adds robustness, in a sense that all source files are contained in the project tree. But consider that these library files are updated by ST, then you'll have to update these files in your project as well.

ah good to know! I will do that!

Re. these warnings like "warning: _close is not implemented and will always fail": this is a known issue with the runtime library, should be fixed in next version. Meanwhile you can ignore these warnings (because no one uses _close, _exit etc. in embedded  software, nobody cares that they may fail) - or use an older toolchain that does not have this issue.

Good to know.

At the end, I made some tests this morning and I found the sweet spot with the "classic" formula Makefile + headers + source. In this way I should ensure enough portability and I am free to use any other editor that I wish, not necessarily IDE. 

Many thanks for your tips! If you have more don't hesitate to add more material to the thread.