cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a debugger issue: When I add a simple variable into the expressions window the value is shown correctly. But for any arrays it reports an error - see details

USchm.2
Associate II

I use an array, for example, peakindex[6]. The biulder shows no errors. When debugging and looking for the values in the Expressions window the following error messages occur:

Multiple errors reported.

1) Failed to execute MI command:

-var-create - * peakindex

Error message from debugger back end:

-var-create: unable to create variable object

2) Unable to create variable object

3) Failed to execute MI command:

-data-evaluate-expression peakindex

No symbol "peakindex" in current context.

4) Failed to execute MI command:

-var-create - * peakindex

-var-create: unable to create variable object

I appreciate any help.

Regards

Ulrich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
USchm.2
Associate II

I fixed the problem, but cannot point out the exact reason. After migrating from 1.9.0. to 1.12.0 the problems occured. I built up the .ioc file from scratch and now it works properly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello @USchm.2​ 

Please check those points :

• The debug done successfully without errors ? and those errors appear only in the expression window ?

----> I can solve your issue just send me a screenshot contains the error message !

• Do you use a local or global variable ?

• Also i wonder you to use live expression and tell me if the problem still exist or not ?

Best regards

Wijeden,

Hello Wijeden,

thanks for your quick reply. At the moment I am faced with another, probably more severe issue. I moved from stmcubeIDE 1.9.0 to 1.12.0 (upgrade didn't work). Old version was deinstalled before.

Then I set up a completely new project, assigned the right processor and nucleo board and built the project. The only addition I made were some variable declarations in main.c in order to test the beforementioned behaviour.

Builds without errors. Debugger starts, download verified successfully, but when I start the program, errors "Target is not responding, retrying" occur until shutting down.

I followed the procedure described in

https://community.st.com/s/article/how-can-I-recover-my-stm32h7-board-after-facing-a-power-configuration-deadlock

and successfully performed a mass erase with cube programmer. Unfortunately, debugging still doesn't work. Please find attached a screenshot, What can I do?

Regards

Ulrich

Ihr Partner in Forschung,Entwicklung und Innovation

Prof. Dr. Ulrich Schmucker

http://www.zesys.de

Post edited to adhere community guidelines.

USchm.2
Associate II

I fixed the problem, but cannot point out the exact reason. After migrating from 1.9.0. to 1.12.0 the problems occured. I built up the .ioc file from scratch and now it works properly.