cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having problems add existing files from another project to my new project stm32cube ide. what am i missing?

BRobb.1
Associate III

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, you did not mention which tool you use, which files you get from where, which problems you have when trying to add them, etc. Currently not easy to give an answer.

Is it possible for you to provide a few more details for evaluation?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CubeIDE was indicated ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Correct, thank you for pointing this out, I did indeed overlook it and have already corrected it in my query.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BRobb.1
Associate III

Here is more information on the issue. when I am doing a compile with the ioc file I get a message that I have not configured the Platform Settings correctly, but I cannot configure the settings. That might me my problem.

Yeah, that's probably because it wants to auto-generate, and you've added a lot of you own clutter. I'm not a CubeMX/IDE adherent, so I don't claim to be an expert, but have seen people lose significant amounts of work trying make two conflicting paradigms function.

Might I suggest sandboxing the auto-generated stuff, and other pieces you want to combine, and then make an actual free standing project that you then merge into with the sub/super-set of what you really want in the final project. As an exercise it also lets you see what and how things change as you modify an IOC file, and where different things live.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..