cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am doing my first attempt with STM32CubeIDE (Ver 1.0.2) and after selecting the MCU model and naming the project, I get a message "Create minimal project failure: Cannot read template source". Please direct me.

JLivn
Associate II

21 REPLIES 21
Hi Mattias,
Thanks for your reply. I’ve been I’m using the AC6 toolchain and Eclipse. There seems tob e a known issue which relates to his kind of issues: see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=67719
In accordance to this bug report I added the lines (Note the line “-Djava… “ didn’t dot he trick)
-Djava.io.tmpdir=c:\STM32Dev\tmpdir
-configuration c:\STM32Dev\tmpdir
In my eclipse.ini file
Now it seems fine: I also see the .tmp file in the directory specified by the -configuration (whereas it was previously written to de default directory)
Maybe this can help other people,
Thanks again for putting me on this track,
Kris Demets
JLivn
Associate II

I'm not so sure about Eclips.. Never had any problem with it, but regarding CubeIDE you can actually find it in the V1.0.2 installation notes under 'Unsolved issus': "Problem with spaces or non-alphabet characters in the path".

As far as I reached this problem can only be solved by complete re-installing of Windows. I simply used my other computer.