cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am doing my first attempt with STM32CubeIDE (Ver 1.0.2) and after selecting the MCU model and naming the project, I get a message "Create minimal project failure: Cannot read template source". Please direct me.

JLivn
Associate II

21 REPLIES 21

I have the same problem. ST please help

Internal Error: 

File not found: '/C:/Users/Tony%20Nguyen/AppData/Local/Temp/stm32cubeide4645857718759915215.tmp'

mattias norlander
ST Employee

We are totally unable to re-produce this problem. So it seems only to happen on a few environments.

If you want to use the STM32CubeIDE project wizard then please try this:

1. Open CubeIDE in a workspace location without any spaces or non-ascii characters.
  2. Copy the necesary CubeFW folders into a location without any spaces or non-ascii characters. Then go to Window > Preferences > STM32Cube > Firmware Updater and point out the new "Firmware installation repository" folder.

We have seen spaces and non-ascii characters causing multiple problems in multiple different parts of the tools, hence it is listed as a "known problem" and not recommened. Nevertheless spaces non-ascii characters does actually work on most machines. So, feel free to try and give some feedback.

JLivn
Associate II

Mattias

I want to invite you to log in to my computer and try for yourself. I just re-installed the IDE and the issue consists. I have an L476RGT evaluation board an I want to start a new project.

my TeamViewer ID is 791 575 745 and for now the password is kd8i47

J.L

Replied in PM, let's take it from there. If we find a solution which is useful for other people, we will add a public comment.

JLivn
Associate II

0690X00000BuWdaQAF.png

mattias norlander
ST Employee

This could be the issue. Try creating a workspace in "C:\temp" (provided that you have write access with your user in this folder). Does that work better?

ALout.1
Associate

I'm getting the same problem after fresh install.

Unsurprisingly the file exists, what is surprising is that my installation, workspace, and project paths all begin with C:/ST, so it makes no sense why it would be trying to access C:/User...

kris2399
Associate II

These are my first (disapointing) steps using STM32L0 dev tools. I also get that error 'Internal error, File not found...' although the file exists

I use following version:

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)

Changing the workspace name to a name without blanks doesn't solve the problem. Apparantly the .tmp file is created by the toolset on a directory which in my case still contains a space. I don't have a clue how to ommit the toolset from accessing the directory c:\users\< my name>\AppData\...

Can someone advise me in this?

Thanks

It is quite difficult to assist without being able to re-produce. There must be some OS policy leading to these issues.

Can you try this:

• Make a back-up copy of C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.0.2\STM32CubeIDE\stm32cubeide.ini
  • In C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.0.2\STM32CubeIDE\stm32cubeide.ini, at the end of the file add the line:
    • "-Djava.io.tmpdir=c:\a_directory_without_spaces_with_write_access\"
    • Make sure the selected directory for temporary files is one without spaces, only ascii characters and where your windows user has write access...
  • Start CubeIDE and run your test case

Does that posibly solve the problem?