cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view real time plot from stm32-G071RB with the use of third party software?

RShre.2
Associate III

I had asked this question before and I was suggested to use Live expression to view the variable value which helped me immensely, however, i want to view a real time plot which is not possible in stm32cube for my board. Is it possible to do real time data transfer and view it in computer, for instance, using Python, MATLAB, LABVIEW, etc. I also found an alternative solution to log into a csv file and download using PuTTY, however, it'd be nice to see a real time plot like an oscilloscope. My purpose is to measure the frequency of the output sine waveform.

6 REPLIES 6
KnarfB
Principal III

Depends on the sample freq. For up to 1000Hz (recently discussed here), STM32CubeMonitor does a good job for vizualization via SWD debug interface.

hth

KnarfB

Well, the sampling rate I want to use is more than 1 KHz. Is it possible to do with Python/Matlab?

You can transmit values to USB-UART bridge and read them by you matlab/python script in virtual COM port on PC. With FT232H you should be able to reach datarates up to 2Mbit/s (enough for 10k~100k 16bit values per second). But why don't you let the microcomputer measure it ?

I don't understand exactly what you mean by measuring by microcomputer. I want to generate some sine waves and need to check if the output and i have no access to an oscilloscope sometimes. So, wanted to view it in laptop using third party software, if that make sense.

Your original post claims that "My purpose is to measure the frequency of the output sine waveform." ...and that can be done simply by timers on MCU. But if you need "cheap" remote oscilloscope and dont want to buy some, you can search for ready-made solutions. One based on STM32 hase been created by czech Student at ČVUT and further developed:

https://embedded.fel.cvut.cz/platformy/embo

https://dspace.cvut.cz/handle/10467/94788