cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import or add the project generated in CubeMX to STM32CubeIDE?

RhSilicon
Lead

Hi, I tried to create and import through the *.ioc file, but it didn't work. The EWARM folder does not appear along with the other project folders. I tried to generate again with the Device Configuration Tool Code Generator, but it didn't work, even with the RTOS Azure appearing on the screen, the EWARM folder is not created in the project.

It also failed to compile if added as C project, seems to be importing as project with Makefile. I tried to clean the project, but it didn't work.

Project generated in CubeMX:

CubeMX_Azure.png

STM32CubeIDE:

CubeIDE_Azure_fail.png

CubeIDE_Azure_Import_Fail.png

CubeIDE_Azure_fail2.png

Would it be possible to add a way to add the projects generated by CubeMX without having to rework anything, since they use the same database (FW_F4)?

CubeIDE_Azure_fail3.png

11 REPLIES 11
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

IMHO CubeMX gives more freedom and flexibility than the IDE integrated version (but also, as you have seen, more ammo to shoot yourself in the leg).

After the project has been generated by any recent CubeMX, it can be opened and built by a range of compatible CubeIDE versions (compatible by both ARM toolchain options and .cproject XML format). Besides of this, Eclipse is just an editor and builder. The update schedule of Cube(MX) and its template library is driven by new MCU models added and bugs fixed. These changes usually do not involve the Eclipse part.

So I can experiment with latest CubeMX updates freely without requesting customers and team members to update their IDE (which they hate to do). Of course, CubeMX and CubeIDE should share same installed libraries and additional packages (normally they do).

What does this mean for you? If a certain CubeMX video shows something that works for you, do it in CubeMX and use your familiar IDE installation to build. If it does not work, rinse and repeat (a-la West World .... but less drama :))

AScha.3
Chief II

download and tried for F4 :

- F303 : not possible (grey)

-F407 : possible, can check

AScha3_0-1687626776535.png

so - depends on chip... on F407 discovery - ok.

AScha3_1-1687627041097.pngAScha3_2-1687627685913.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".