cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download unbundled GNU Tools for STM32

Bryce Schober
Associate III

Where can I download an archive of the GNU Tools for STM32 separate from the STM32Cube IDE?

Alternatively where can I find your open-sourced patches that you list in the information center?

19 REPLIES 19

@jemason That is exactly what I want to do - create docker images with different versions of the toolchain. It would be great to be able to to that without having to install the whole IDE.

I would consider seperating the build system/process from the IDE good practice. Shouldn't that alone be a good reason for ST to provide the toolchaine binaries as separate downloads?

sute
Associate III

We are also looking for a way of creating a Docker image with the build tools for CI/CD without the whole IDE. Any news on this?

krotti42
Associate II

Are there any reason why don't use the official precompiled GNU toolchains binaries from ARM?

ARM GNU Toolchains for R/M-Profile (binutils, gcc, newlib) ONLY*:

https://developer.arm.com/downloads/-/gnu-rm

*) Toolchains only, no STM32 libraries like HAL

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

ST apply patches to the tool chain - so the official one is not the same as the ST one.

Hello,

To get more visibility and investigate your issue, could you post the question in a new community thread?

Thanks,

Rim

MCadu
Associate II

Any news on this or where can I find the new community thread?

sute
Associate III

Hi, any timeline estimate on when we could download the tools without whole IDE or is this going to even happen? We really need this for Docker builds

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Thanks, but ST apply patches to the tool chain - so the official ARM tool that you link to is not the same as the ST one.

I'm looking for the binaries with the patches applied to use in a Docker image. And it looks like I'm not the only one.

Thanks,

Bo