cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug at headless

u1kano
Associate II

I am trying to debug firmware using STM32CubeIDE. The operation in the IDE is to select Run > Debug, is it possible to automate this operation and run it in headless mode?

It will be very helpful if you could provide me with specific commands or a reference manual.
Thank you.

My environmental information is following:

Windows11

STM32CubeIDE: 1.12.1

2 REPLIES 2
allenmack
Associate

@u1kano wrote:

I am trying to debug firmware using STM32CubeIDE. The operation in the IDE is to select Run > Debug, is it possible to automate this operation and run it in headless mode?

It will be very helpful if you could provide me with specific commands or a reference manual.
Thank you.

My environmental information is following:

Windows11

STM32CubeIDE: 1.12.1 

Yes, it is possible to automate debugging operations with STM32CubeIDE using command-line tools, though STM32CubeIDE itself does not natively support a fully headless mode. For automation, you can use STM32CubeProgrammer (previously known as ST-Link Utility) which supports command-line operations. locksmith sherman

thank you for your reply.
Upon reviewing the headless-build script below, it appears that it calls stm32cubeidec.exe to execute the build. Is it possible to perform Run > Debug using stm32cubeidec.exe in the same manner?

Headless-build script:
<STM32CubeIDE InstallDir>\STM32CubeIDE_1.12.1\STM32CubeIDE\headless-build.bat

set basedir=%~dp0
"%basedir%"stm32cubeidec.exe --launcher.suppressErrors -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild %*