cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure DMA2D to receive YCbCr MCU data as input using the STM32IDE ioc configurator

LFerr.8
Associate II

I wish to decode the output of the JPEG accelerator using the DMA2D controller from YCbCr to RGB, as referenced here:

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/training/technical/product_training/group0/d7/07/45/76/c2/f9/41/4f/STM32H7-Peripheral-JPEG_codec_JPEG/files/STM32H7-Peripheral-JPEG_codec_JPEG.pdf/_jcr_content/translations/en.STM32H7-Peripheral-JPEG_codec_JPEG.pdf

I am using an stm32h7 nucleo board. In the DMA2D configuration menu I have set transfer mode to "Memory to Memory with Pixel Format Conversion". My problem is that in the foreground layer configuration, the input color mode drop down menu does not show YCbCr as an option. Do I have to set it up manually or is there some other way to configure DMA2D for this use case? For manual setup, are there any extra steps I should consider other than simply replacing the input color mode field to YCbCr? Do I need to consider any changes to the pinout?

I have checked and in the source files there is a macro for YCbCr input mode.

0 REPLIES 0