cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare Build Configurations

gsieb.1
Associate II

I've inherited a project that contains 10 build configurations. In the STM32CubeIde properties windows I cannot find any differences between a couple of the configurations. There are so many settings in various windows, tabs, etc. Instead of selecting each property and then switching between configurations in the drop-down list to check the differences one-by-one, I was hoping to be able to export all settings to an .xls, .xml or .txt file so I can quickly compare the settings side-by side. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

No easy way to do this that I know about.

They are stored in the .cproject file as an XML tree. You could copy each configuration to a new file and use a diff tool. It's a little clunky, but it will show you all the differences.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Perhaps do "headless" build of each configuration, capture logs to files and compare.

Look for differences in compiler settings and differences in files included or excluded in each configuration.

-- pa

TDK
Guru

No easy way to do this that I know about.

They are stored in the .cproject file as an XML tree. You could copy each configuration to a new file and use a diff tool. It's a little clunky, but it will show you all the differences.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
gsieb.1
Associate II

Thank you both for responding.

Using Notepad++ I was able to easily find the "Build Configurations" I was looking for in the .cproject file, collapse each section by their <cconfiguration> tag so I could easily select and copy the entire section, and paste to an external file(s) for comparison. I quickly found the difference I was looking for!

Thank you!