cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically open reference to @defgroup for @ref in HAL Doxygen comments in STM32CubeIDE? (To decipher "This parameter can be a value of @ref ...")

In HAL and LL drivers, lot of functions take parameters of type int, where only a Doxygen comment informs you what the possible values of the parameter are (e.g. "This parameter can be a value of @ref RCC_CSI_Config") and you have to manually search the source code for that @defgroup name or look it up in a manual separately.

This is obviously stupidly inconvenient and inefficient and ctrl+click behavior is needed to directly jump to the reference.

Is there any way to conveniently navigate the @ref references to their respective @defgroups in Eclipse?

Do other IDEs allow doing this in a simpler way? How are all of you engineers navigating the parameters without tearing your hair out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @MoistSignificantBit​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

If I'm well understanding your request, you are asking for a feature to jump to the reference mentioned in a comment using the "ctrl + right click".

Such behavior is not possible for us to add as these are feature provided by ECLIPSE it self.

My advice is to use the "ctrl + h" to make a search for the reference manually.

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @MoistSignificantBit​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

If I'm well understanding your request, you are asking for a feature to jump to the reference mentioned in a comment using the "ctrl + right click".

Such behavior is not possible for us to add as these are feature provided by ECLIPSE it self.

My advice is to use the "ctrl + h" to make a search for the reference manually.

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.