cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make CubeIde use real directories?

AlbertG
Associate

Hello,

Is there a way to make CubeIde use real directories for the .c, .cpp and .h files instead fake ones?

It makes copying files a pain. There is surely a way so that I have not to spend my time searching the real path of every single file.

Thanks in advance,

Albert

PD: Examples in images

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

There is surely a way so that I have not to spend my time searching the real path of every single file.

To quickly find the real file location: right click -> Show in -> System explorer.

Unfortunately, Eclipse is Eclipse. Takes some time to get used to it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

There is surely a way so that I have not to spend my time searching the real path of every single file.

To quickly find the real file location: right click -> Show in -> System explorer.

Unfortunately, Eclipse is Eclipse. Takes some time to get used to it.

Thanks, I was feeling dumb. This works.

PD: It is a STMCubeIde Project, but i suppose the same happens.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

Normally, STM32CubeIDE/Eclipse compiles all the C files that are located in same directory (and in sub directories) as project files .project and .cproject .

If you create a project in STM32CubeIDE from scratch with just a STM32 chip ID (not from an example), there is an option "Generate under root" in Code Generator in STM32CubeIDE that corresponds to this configuration. The .project and .cproject files are located at the root of the project directory and all the Drivers/ and Middleware files are copied under. They are all compiled by default. They are not links.

STM32CubeIDE/Eclipse "links" are only used when source files are "above" or in other directory than the one containing .project and .cproject files.

A lot of examples and cube expansion packs are delivered with this configuration (using links). The .project and .cproject files are delivered in a STM32CubeIDE subdirectory. They are made like this. It's too complicated to change them to "generate at root" style.