cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update STM32CubeIDE from version 1.10.1 to version 1.11.0

JBabl.1
Associate II

The "automatic updates" show me a new version 1.11.0. After starting the process it stops with following error:

Problem Occured.

'Updating Sortware' has encounterd a problem. An error occured while collecting items to be intstalled

The details>> shows a large list of errros like this:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=STM32CubeIDE, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.st.stm32cube.common.mx,6.7.0.202211181646

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.oss,6.7.0.202211181646

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.stinsider,6.7.0.202211181646

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services,2.1.400.202207051747

And so on.

My available software sites under "preferences -> Install/Update" are

0693W00000WJz6QQAT.pngWhat to do to solve this problem?

Please help me.

Thanks Hans

19 REPLIES 19
Julien D
ST Employee

Well... it gets even weirder.

Let's eliminate any conflicts between software sites, keep only a check-mark on the 2 sw-center.st.com urls and try again.

If still not working please share your workspace log files (workspace_path/.metadata/*.log) to see if it guides us.

JBabl.1
Associate II

Also not working.

JBabl.1
Associate II

And the next log file

Julien D
ST Employee

Interesting!

Given all the No repository found at https://foo.bar exceptions I'm surprised that the Reload had terminated with success.

No repository found at https://sw-center.st.com/stm32cubeide/openstlinux/updatesite1

No repository found at https://sw-center.st.com/stm32cubeide/updatesite1

Those ones are definitely the root cause of the update failure.

The 2 usual causes are :

1. malformed / corrupted repository
  2. connection issue

1/ is not an option here, I checked it on 2 PCs, 1 being a public computer.

Thus remains the 2/ ..

Are you behind a proxy ? If so, did you well set the proxy settings in STM32CubeIDE (Preferences > General > Network Connections) ? Is it a corporate computer with special IT policies ?

JBabl.1
Associate II

It's really very strange. I'm not behind a proxy and it's my private Laptop at home with no special IT policies.

I also temporarily disabled Norton Security, no effect.

Unitl now i have had no problems with any updates and auto-updates.

The windows control panel for programs shows:

STMicroelectronics STM32CubeIDE 1.8.0 installed on 1.12.2021 2,37GB version 1.8.0

I also have installed STM32CubeProgrammer version 2.9.0 and STMicroelectronics stlink-server version 2.0.2-3

Perhaps this is a help?

S.Ma
Principal

Disk space being too low for temp file?

Doing a full separate install instead of upgrades enables incremental debug and backup. Freeware cost you time in this particular case.

It's not because it is free, but because the Eclipse is a junk. It's only slightly better than the HAL broken bloatware and the SalesForce parody of the forum...

EmBitz is also a freeware, but is not a PITA!

Julien D
ST Employee

Indeed the disk space could be something to look at, you need at least 2,5Gb.

STM32CubeProgrammer and Stlink-server installations do not interfere with STM32CubeIDE updater.

About your STM32CubeIDE update history, do you remember what was the updated versions starting from 1.8.0 ? All releases (base 1.8.0 -> 1.9.0 -> 1.10.0 -> 1.10.1) ?

Could you also paste screenshots of your current Available Software Sites page and the dialog appearing once the Reload completes ?

If no obvious reason is found you may have to consider what has been already proposed above; do a fresh installation.

JBabl.1
Associate II

Free disk space could not be the problem: 48,2 Gb.

About the update history: I've done all these steps, for i have checked "Automatically updates"

The screeshot of "Available Software Sites" is on top of this discussion.

The similar dialogs coming now step by step:

JBabl.1
Associate II