cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file not found although its included on the include paths and exists in the directory

dboia.1
Associate

Hello,

I am trying to compile code that works fine on my friend's pc.

the problem is that I am keep getting error that the compiler can't find the "stm32f7xx_hal.h" file even dough its there and I added it to the include paths.

can someone help?

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

Check the compiler options in the build console view for the correct -I includes.

Check for spaces or other non-trivial or non-ASCII characters in the path like umlauts, quotes, ...

hth

KnarfB

I'm not an Eclipse/CubeIDE adherent, but is a "Project Tree" actually a directory? Will the file load into the IDE if you click on it? What path does that show?

Show me this in a File Manager.

Make sure that whatever environment variable expansion you have in your Include Paths list actually expands to what you think it does.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​ "is a 'Project Tree' actually a directory?"

No, it isn't.

"Will the file load into the IDE if you click on it? What path does that show?"

+1

"Show me this in a File Manager"

+1

"Make sure that whatever environment variable expansion you have in your Include Paths list actually expands to what you think it does."

+1

The screenshot shows workspace_loc and ProjName used - so check that they are actually pointing to the correct places...

And, as @KnarfB​ said, check for "weird" characters in file (including folder) names;

only yesterday: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001ewLYRSA2/stm32cubeprogrammer-2100-and-2110-external-loader-bug-if-the-els-filename-has-more-tha-one-dot-one-dot-only-for-its-extension-name-stm32cubeprogrammer-goes-in-error

dboia.1
Associate

the file does exist in the file system and there are no  "weird" characters

and are you sure that folder matches your Include paths - after the symbols are expanded?