cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to enable Live Expressions. Connection failed

DCind.1
Associate

Can't enter into the debug mode on the development branch, but when I switch to master branch I can normally use the debugger. Difference between master and dev branch is minimal, and projects settings and debugging configuration is the same.

I've tried to restart the CubeIDE, clean the project and remove all live expressions, restart the PC, but nothing seems to fix it.

0693W00000UoXLHQA3.png0693W00000UoXK5QAN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DCind.1
Associate

Hi Semer, thank you for your response.

The problem was solved - somehow the debug configuration was overwritten in the other branch which I did not notice at first. The optimization level for the compiler was set None (-O0) and I've changed it to Optimize for debug (-O0). After that change, I could enter the debugger mode without any problems.

The error reported by the CubeIDE was a bit misleading though.

Best regards,

Dino.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @DCind.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

My first reflection is to compare the *. launch files from the two setting to find any differences.

The second thought is to try to change the ports used.

I will be waiting for your feedback about the issue.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DCind.1
Associate

Hi Semer, thank you for your response.

The problem was solved - somehow the debug configuration was overwritten in the other branch which I did not notice at first. The optimization level for the compiler was set None (-O0) and I've changed it to Optimize for debug (-O0). After that change, I could enter the debugger mode without any problems.

The error reported by the CubeIDE was a bit misleading though.

Best regards,

Dino.