cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External memory loader on STM32H7R7I8T6

Kwame
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on a project that requires the code to be stored in the external QSPI flash but the problem is, I have no idea how the external memory loader generated by CubeMX works. I have tried following this article, but the external loader link is broken. Can someone please answer the questions below?

How do you program the external memory with the application project?

How can I configure the external memory manager to work with quadspi flash? I am guessing I need to write my own drivers for the external flash but where do I put this?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

The External Loader gets copied into RAM by STM32 Cube Programmer and acts like a DLL whose functions get called. The Init function brings up the pins, clocks and interface.

The loader needs to deal with your board and component choices.

The Boot loader in internal Flash needs to bring up interface also.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Kwame
Associate II

I was snooping around and I found out that I could configure the external memory manager to use user drivers. I have trouble deciding where to put the driver. Should I put it in the stm32_user_driver.c file under the Middlewares folder or under the ExtMem_loader subproject? 

Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 8.10.09 PM.png

Also is there any documentation for the external memory manager? I have seen this article (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Getting_started_with_External_memory_Manager_and_External_memory_loader#External_Memory_Manager)  but that seems to be the only thing I can find.