cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE keeps crashing?? (Failed to assign value 80037b1, to register 0)

SWenn.1
Senior III

Please help:

I have a developed pcb with an STM32WB55 on it.  I have been working with it for over a month with no issue.  I am using a Windows 11, with CubeIDE 1.12.0 and a STLINK-VSET3 that is plugged directly into the laptop (no hub).  The board when reflashed always use to load then sit at main() now however starting today after loading the board the code seems to now sit within

startup_stm32wb55rgvx.s

Reset_Handler:
  ldr   r0, =_estack

After hitting the "run" button a few times it goes to main but then produces the following error within the console:

Download verified successfully

Failed to assign value 80037b1, to register 0
Failed to assign value 2002fff8, to register 0
Failed to assign value 8001390, to register 0

I have tried this on a second working board and get the same results.  I have powered down everything (including rebooting windows) and then I power up the board, power up IDE, plug debugger in and clean project.  Sometimes this briefly works in that I load code and sit at main.c but other times it does not.  Even if it sits at main there is no guarantee when I hit run that it won't create the error.

Can someone please help as we are under urgency with code development......

Sincerely

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SWenn.1
Senior III

SOLVED IT!!!!  BEWARE......I had a couple of live expressions I was monitoring....I removed or altered the code some and didn't delete the live expressions

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SWenn.1
Senior III

SOLVED IT!!!!  BEWARE......I had a couple of live expressions I was monitoring....I removed or altered the code some and didn't delete the live expressions

YJ99
Associate II

Hi,

Is there any detail solution for this issue? I tried and looks like I am still having same problem.

thanks,

YJ