cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ELF mismatch issue

KJ.4
Associate III

If i compile the same source code in different pcs using same STMCUBE IDE version , Whether i will get same .ELF file?

In my case, If i do a comparison(using beyond compare),its not matching and there are significant difference between the two .ELF files.

We need your quick feedback.

We are using STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would expect the ELF object files to be different due to path or user name variations that find their way into the debug records.

If all the tools, settings, source and libraries are the same you should end up with a binary file which is the same or materially very similar.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @KJ.4 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you please try to use the latest version of STM32CubeIDE 1.14.1 and see if the issue still exist .

This is the link to download : STM32CubeIDE - Integrated Development Environment for STM32 - STMicroelectronics

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Thx

Ghofrane

I would expect the ELF object files to be different due to path or user name variations that find their way into the debug records.

If all the tools, settings, source and libraries are the same you should end up with a binary file which is the same or materially very similar.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..