cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP Installing

luke514
Senior

I've followed this tutorial to install the DSP libraries on STM32F407 discovery.

Should I keep all the files in the folders in the attached picture? Or only one per folder? (i.e. according to the uController I choose which one to keep)

screen.png

I think I have to delete the IAR and GCC folders, leaving only ARM, am I wrong? And inside this ARM folder should I delete something? What's the difference between b, bf, l and lf?

Thank you all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @luke514 ,

STM32CubeIDE use GCC compiler, so you need to keep the GCC folder.

Note that it is necessary, when you use the DSP Lib with STM32CubeIDE, to add the "arm_cortexM4lf_math" library and the path location file which is in a GCC folder (note 6 and 7 in the figure).

KDJEM1_0-1697444587146.png

So, you don't need to delete any folder.

Thank you for your contribution, and please don't hesitate to post a question or to start a discussion🙂.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @luke514  , 

Are you using STM32CubeIDE toolchain? 

Did you get any issue when you added the DSP library as described in this article

Thank you. 

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes I'm using STM32CubeIDE.

I don't think I had issue when I installed the libraries, but I have yet to use them so if I installed them wrong, I wouldn't know now

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @luke514 ,

STM32CubeIDE use GCC compiler, so you need to keep the GCC folder.

Note that it is necessary, when you use the DSP Lib with STM32CubeIDE, to add the "arm_cortexM4lf_math" library and the path location file which is in a GCC folder (note 6 and 7 in the figure).

KDJEM1_0-1697444587146.png

So, you don't need to delete any folder.

Thank you for your contribution, and please don't hesitate to post a question or to start a discussion🙂.

Kaouthar

Thank you for the clarification. I found a faster and easier method to install those libraries, that is in the .ioc file of stm32cubeIDE select "Software Packs" - "Select component" and go on from there.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @luke514 ,

If your request is answered please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your contribution to the Community 🙂.

Kaouthar