cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Issues STM32F429I

Muthamizh
Associate II

Muthamizh_0-1725860329559.png

I HAVE USED THE ST LOADER  YOU HAVE SUGGESTED FOR MY LAST PROBLEM AND NOW ALSO IT REPEATES TEH SAME PROBLEM THERE IS PROBLEM WHILE OPENING THE STM32_PROGRAMMER_CLI.EXE. SUGGEST ME A SOLUTION FOR THIS OR AN ALTERNATIVE.

Muthamizh_1-1725860589082.png

THIS IS THE DEBUGGER CONFIGURATION AND THE STLOADER I HAVE SELECTED.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Muthamizh wrote:

i don't find any stldr file for my stm32f429i series.

How? any loader? already provided you one.

Also in the CubeProgrammer, this is the list of all loader available for this board. And the one in the red rectangle corresponds to the NOR Flash loader.

SofLit_0-1725982066460.png

I used this Loader with STM32F429-EVAL board and it works well.

I don't think the error you are showing has a relation with the loader. 

Could you please share your project (in PV if you don't want to share it in public) so I can do a test?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Why did you duplicate this thread instead of replying in it? https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/external-loader-file-not-found/td-p/717263

Please don't duplicate the same topic.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Okay but i need better visibility to my problem i don't find any stldr file for my stm32f429i series.

could u please look into it to solve the issues. 

Note: I had also tried the solution u had suggested for this previously.

@Muthamizh wrote:

i don't find any stldr file for my stm32f429i series.

How? any loader? already provided you one.

Also in the CubeProgrammer, this is the list of all loader available for this board. And the one in the red rectangle corresponds to the NOR Flash loader.

SofLit_0-1725982066460.png

I used this Loader with STM32F429-EVAL board and it works well.

I don't think the error you are showing has a relation with the loader. 

Could you please share your project (in PV if you don't want to share it in public) so I can do a test?

Muthamizh
Associate II

My board series is STM32F429I-DISC1 does the STM32F429-EVAL &STM32F429I-DISC1 are different or both functionality and all other specs are same.

There is no EXTERNAL Loader for STM32F429I-DISC1.

Whey in the previous post you are looking for an external loader? I thought you are using an EVAL board.

Okay how can I use IDE to work with this board do you have any idea.

You can use CubeMx. 

1- Start with a project from Board:

SofLit_0-1726045344991.png

2- Type the name of the ST board and double click on the board image.

SofLit_1-1726045393979.png

In "Project manager menu" you need to select which IDE you need to use.

That's all.

I already selected the Board selector. Which you are telling.

Kindly can you suggest me any other solution.

Why are you looking for another solution?

You've requested to use this specific board and provided you this quick solution.

Start from any example provided in STM32CubeF4 under:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/tree/master/Projects/STM32F429I-Discovery