cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Error on Dual Core STM34H747I-DISCO Board

SLimi.1
Associate III

Using Application Note AN5361 and a Online ST Video. I have create a project in STM32CubeIDE for the STM32H747I-Disco Board. As a test of the debugging, I have have both cores simply blinking separate LEDs.

I set up the CM7 debug configuration  per AN5361 and did not check "Halt all cores" on Reset.  Debugging with the CM7 project, runs the application on the board without issue. I am able to set a break point in the CM7's main.c and step through the code. If I set a break point in CM4's main.c, nothing happens. The CM4 is not loaded in the debugger at all. 

The online video made the suggestion to check "Halt all cores" on Reset ion the CM7's debug configuration. I created a Launch Group to start debug both projects. Starting debug starts up both projects as expected. The debugger stops at the CM7 main break point. Click continue, and the debugger stops at the CM4 main break point at the line for:

__HAL_RCC_HSEM_CLK_ENABLE();

If I click continue, the program crashes into an unknown space.

SLimi1_0-1691289197359.png

If I uncheck the "Halt on cores", and attempt to Debug with the Launch Group fails on the CM4 with a "Failed to Launch GDB Server"

What am I missing? What needs to be configured to debug both projects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SLimi.1
Associate III

Resolved. The trick is to start the debugger separately for both cores, M7 first and then M4. Then click on both main.c threads in the Debug tree and select continue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @SLimi.1,

Which DAP are you using for  CM4? Have you checked the debug access port with CubeProgrammer?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SLimi.1
Associate III

@FBL thanks for the response

DAP is the STLINK port. I am assuming that both cores are using the same STLINK with different port numbers.

I don't see how CubeProgrammer helps to resolve the DAP

SLimi.1
Associate III

Resolved. The trick is to start the debugger separately for both cores, M7 first and then M4. Then click on both main.c threads in the Debug tree and select continue.