cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debian Testing : _apt error install the CubeIDE . error 13, permission denied.

rileyrg
Associate II

I'm getting this _apt error when running the 1.7 install script. Since it's a temporary directory created by the install script I cant do any chown/chmod. Is it something I need to worry about?

Setting up segger-jlink-udev-rules (7.22a) ...
Setting up st-stlink-udev-rules (1.0.3-2) ...
Setting up st-stlink-server (2.0.2-3) ...
Setting up st-stm32cubeide-1.7.0 (1.7.0-10852-20210715-0634-1) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.70) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ...
N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file '/home/rgr/Dropbox/homefiles/directories/bin/makeself_dir_rNw7Kd/segger-jlink-udev-rules-7.22a-linux-all.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)
STM32CubeIDE installed successfully

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rileyrg
Associate II

And... I solved it. The problem was it running in a Dropbox hosted directory. Dropbox does funny things with permissions! So I'll leave the Q here and mark it solved in case anyone else has this issue. Moved the install script out of DB and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rileyrg
Associate II

And... I solved it. The problem was it running in a Dropbox hosted directory. Dropbox does funny things with permissions! So I'll leave the Q here and mark it solved in case anyone else has this issue. Moved the install script out of DB and it worked fine.

MGuth.2
Associate

I also have this problem with CubeIDE v1.10. And I am not using a hosted directory.

I tried setting _apt user into group root and that didn't help. I intend on using Segger, and I know from past experience CubeIDE and debugger setup is fraught. So I would like to see this install go smoothly.

I am using a VM for this Ubuntu 22, which I don't think would have any impact on the error.

Setting up st-stm32cubeide-1.10.0 (1.10.0-12671-20220627-1643-1) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.35-0ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.70+nmu1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1ubuntu3) ...
N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file '/home/a35dev/Downloads/en.st-stm32cubeide_1.10.0_12671_20220627_1643_amd64.deb_bundle.sh/makeself_dir_zISrn2/segger-jlink-udev-rules-7.66-linux-all.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)
STM32CubeIDE installed successfully

Anyone resolve this?

UPDATE: I found a way to extract the file and run it separately. Run the STM32CubeIDE install script with "--confirm" option, and then after the extraction, stop the script. Then find the deb file in the extract directory, and run it. I don't know if this will fix it, but at least Segger seems to be installed. Later I will find out if it works when I connect the hardware.