cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE v1.16 Ethernet STM32f745Z

EBAHI.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have an old design, it run well from many years, to minimize the test we are stay on stm32CubeIDE 1.7. I use FreeRTOS, CMSIS_V1 and Lwip

This summer I try to move to CubeIDE 1.16 (FreeRTOS, CMSIS_V2 and Lwip). some data declarations mistakes (GCC10 I suppose), all is done now.

I find solution to have RxDesc and TxDesc at the correct address (0x2004c000/0x2004c0a0).
Now CubeIDE, in Mx windows IOC file ask me "The ETH can work only when RAM is pointing at 0x24000000"...

It is really request, or just a funny request or a misunderstanding?   The STM32F745Z (320Ko RAM) has from 0x20000000 to 0x2004FFFF.

I have find some example on H7….. I have use it…, it was good to solve RxDesc and TxDesc …. But

Today the compile is OK, when I make a Tcp_connect…. No connection….

I try to debug, th config is make in 10m/s…. My design must be in 100m/s

In the 1.7 version we can select the ETH speed , in my case 100mb/s , FullDuplex and disabled autonego….. I can find this parmaters on 1.16…

Many thanks for your idea….support…. help

Best regards,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

If you have an old working design, make sure to find the toolchain (compiler) version it was built with. Specify this toolchain in the new CubeIDE. Also, use the same libraries version that were in use previously. Change is evil. Every bit of change that gets out of control can be breaking and send you down the long way of unneeded troubleshooting.

It is really request, or just a funny request or a misunderstanding? 

It is a bug of CubeIDE for 'F7, already reported. 

I am ok, never change what it is running..... So I change the version for customer request, not for fun....

This week-end I build a new version from scratch, a minimum config to try to have a tcp_connect...

Everything smell good until I hope to have the tcp_callback (last parameter to tcp_connect)...

thanks Pavel... I still open to all idea....

Eric