cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Run and not Debug configuration

Lars Beiderbecke
Senior III

How can I configure a Run configuration for flashing that doesn't also break and throw me into the debugger? 

0693W00000DlXCaQAN.pngNote how all the relevant options in my Run configuration are greyed out. How can I enable them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lars Beiderbecke
Senior III

I accidentally found it. If you view the configurations via Run Configurations ... then the area above is greyed out. If you view configurations via Debug Configurations ..., then they are editable.

Way to go, STM32CubeIDE.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

IRC the "default start address" in this context means that debugger resets the target and then lets it run freely, as it normally would after a reset.

Do you want a different behavior?

Thanks Pavel, but I'm talking about the greyed-out area below that. In particular, I want to disable the "Set breakpoint at" option.

Lars Beiderbecke
Senior III

I accidentally found it. If you view the configurations via Run Configurations ... then the area above is greyed out. If you view configurations via Debug Configurations ..., then they are editable.

Way to go, STM32CubeIDE.

TDK
Guru

Those options are grayed out because in a Run configuration, the debugger is not connected. If they're not grayed out, it's a Debug configuration.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Yes, I found out. It's just weird, since the page I arrive at is the same in both cases. Also, no matter which way I choose, I see both Run and Debug configs, making the current implementation not really intuitive.

Why is it weird that Debug-only options are grayed out in Run configurations?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Sorry for the late answer, but I couldn't log in earlier. :\

My point is that no matter if you select Run configurations or Debug configurations from the menu, you always see both configurations listed, but depending on your menu selection the options shown above are greyed out or not.

So the point is not that the Run config always has greyed out options (BTW, if that were the case, why would debugging be activated for a Run config?), but that the greying out depends on the way in.

I do not see both sets of configurations listed. Only debug or run, depending on what is selected in Run -> Run/Debug Configurations... The title of the popup correctly says Debug or Run Configurations in each case.

Note that a debug configuration can have the same name as a run configuration, but they are independent.

Oh, that is interesting. I wonder if I did something wrong when creating the configs. But then, either configs shows both configurations:

0693W00000DmD8LQAV.png 

0693W00000DmD8QQAV.pngAlso, both the Debug icon dropdown and the Run icon dropdown show both configurations.

I cannot remember if I created those configs in TrueSTUDIO, or if I had to re-create them in CubeIDE.