cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Firmware example to new location causes unexpected error

Al-E-Bags
Associate III

Hi all.

I'm working with the F767ZI Nucleo today, specifically trying to compile and evaluate an example in the F7 Firmware repository: C:\**\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.2\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS.

After the required conversion to enable it to compile in CubeIDE, everything thereafter was absolutely fine, although I was aware of some on-screen information relating to backing-up of the original source code files. I didn't take too much notice of it and perhaps I should have.

The project compiled with zero errors and zero warnings.  Flashing the board was also sucessful.  The project runs as expected, displaying the demo webpage from the assigned IP address.

However.  I decided to copy the original project to another directory on another drive so I could take a deeper dive into the code and now, both the original Repository copy and the copied project have errors: 

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

I suspect that this is related to the Eclipse environment but I'm unsure of how to correct this.  I really need to have this example up and running again.  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok as it's broken, it's hard to recover from it.

So as you are based on an available example: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.2\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS.

Try to clone the package from gitgub here.with -- recursive option (the example is located here: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32F767ZI-Nucleo/Applications/LwIP/LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS)

or download it from here as a zip file from here.

And apply your modifications on it (if you have).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

If you move it back to the location where it was compiling without errors, do you get the same behavior? or the project is broken?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@SofLit Hi,  yes, I get the same errors.  It was my first thought to copy the directory back to its original location so it's my guess that the project is broken somehow.

Ok as it's broken, it's hard to recover from it.

So as you are based on an available example: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.2\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS.

Try to clone the package from gitgub here.with -- recursive option (the example is located here: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32F767ZI-Nucleo/Applications/LwIP/LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS)

or download it from here as a zip file from here.

And apply your modifications on it (if you have).

@SofLit Thanks.  I have re-installed the firmware package via CubeMX.  All is working now.  However,  what would be the correct way to work on a (copied) firmware example (for future reference)? 

Copy the all project folder- using copy/paste don't use cut/paste before you are sure the project is OK with the copied version as it could get broken during the cut/paste operation for some reasons.

Now for your projects, I suggest to use some of versioning tools like git/github, in any case you face an issue, you can revert and recover.