cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors in CubeIDe

EL314
Associate III

How to change background color of the elements that I have selected but later removed that selection in dark theme? If I select CDC_Receive_FS, for example, and it is green in dark theme, after I continue to do anything the background of all instances of CDC_Receive_FS are becoming freaking acid. I can't even read this.

Here is a screenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fabian21
Associate III

Hi,

I am having similar issues. My Ubuntu is running with a dark theme. When not switching to IDE to a dark theme as well, it is basically unusable because my eyes would pop out of my head before I could finish a project.

I found a few settings, which also contains the one you are looking for, but I am not able to change the color of the text for example. The dark blue text on dark grey background in the console is unbearable. Also the code segments which are "inactive" due to a preprocessor if are horrible, because they use a light grey background.

Nevertheless, check out the options in Window -> Proferences -> General -> Editors -> Text Editor -> Annotations. "C/C++ Occurances" should be what you are looking for.

If anyone can find the definition for the text colors, both in the code and in the terminal, that would be awesome.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fabian21
Associate III

Hi,

I am having similar issues. My Ubuntu is running with a dark theme. When not switching to IDE to a dark theme as well, it is basically unusable because my eyes would pop out of my head before I could finish a project.

I found a few settings, which also contains the one you are looking for, but I am not able to change the color of the text for example. The dark blue text on dark grey background in the console is unbearable. Also the code segments which are "inactive" due to a preprocessor if are horrible, because they use a light grey background.

Nevertheless, check out the options in Window -> Proferences -> General -> Editors -> Text Editor -> Annotations. "C/C++ Occurances" should be what you are looking for.

If anyone can find the definition for the text colors, both in the code and in the terminal, that would be awesome.

EL314
Associate III

Thank you very much @Fabian2​ ! It solved my problem and I discovered for myself very interesting preferences now. As for your question I can tell you what you can check. I put "synt" in search bar in the Preferences of CubeIDE and have found I guess what you are asking. C/C++ - >Editor -> Syntax Coloring

Fabian21
Associate III

Thanks a lot =)

But this is only for the code, not the console window. However, the IDE is slowly usable 😉