cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone point me at a Cube test project that uses mDNS in LwIP?

I'm having problems getting mDNS going on my board (Nucleo 767ZI). Can someone point me at a test/demo program using Cube that has a working example of getting mDNS going? Another service (echo even) would be a bonus.

I figure that I'm missing some LwIP parameter, and this one has me beat. It's not bringing up IGMP on my ethernet interface. DHCP works, but not much else.

Thanks,

Andrei

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Andrei Chichak​ ,

There is no example that uses mDNS under CubeFW but LwIP provides an example mDNS under Middlewares\Third_Party\LwIP\src\apps\mdns

I hope this will help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid.

Thanks for your response Walid.

The file that you pointed me to is the source code for the mDNS service. Unfortunately I was looking for an example of how to use that code.

Eventually I was able to get mDNS going in a test program without FreeRTOS (I'm still working on getting it working with an RTOS), but I needed to make some invasive alterations to the ethernet driver portion of LwIP to enable IGMP, this was after setting quite a few extra parameters in the Cube model for my program (enabling IGMP in Cube is not adequate to enable IGMP).

Thanks again,

Andrei

For lwIP setting NETIF_FLAG_IGMP is enough. For hardware the simplest option is to set ETH_MACFFR_PAM hardware bit. Just take a note that it will pass all multicast traffic. Another option, especially for performance critical applications, is to configure hardware filtering based on MAC addresses. 🙂