cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Analyzer does not work after STM32CubeIDE update.

Kim KyungTack
Associate III

Hi.

I was using STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 until yesterday.

Build Analyzer worked fine in 1.14.0, but after updating to 1.15.0 using the update feature provided by CubeIDE, nothing is displayed in Build Analyzer. 

The build was successful and the <project>.map file was created, but the Build Analyzer information was not displayed, and I uninstalled and reinstalled CubeIDE, but it was the same.

Build Analyzer - 1.png

Build Analyzer - 2.png

11 REPLIES 11
PR.10
Associate III

did you rename your project? It was broken for me after clone and rename. I checked all the properties in gui and fixed some to new name. There are still some areas with old name in .cproject file but it work now, so they are probably irrelevant. You can also try to delete all non-source files like build directory and ide .settings. I should create a new defaults and may fix some problems.

BillFleming
Associate

I had to change the "Build Views Refresh Mode" several times along with also attempting to change the "Complexity Ceiling". Hitting "Apply and Close" would then cause STM32Cube to either close or crash immediately in some cases.

But the last time I switched back to "Auto" and changed the "Complexity Ceiling" to 50 then hitting "Apply and Close" after e2 studio exited when I re-opened it back up all of the projects were working in the Build Analyzer again. I didn't need to hand-edit any of the project files, even though they look different compared to projects created from the newest STM32CubeIDE.

So this looks to be some issue with initializing a new workspace in the new STM32CubeIDE. I used the default new 1.15.1 workspace when installing this one, on a new PC that didn't even have the previous version workspaces.