cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a CMake project generated from CubeMX 6.11.0

MaxC
Associate III

Hello everybody,

in the latest CubeMX ver 6.11.0 I found that it's possible to generate a CMake project. What are the steps to run the build of the code from Windows shell or VS Code ? Is there a tutorial ?

If I open the CMake project from CubeIde (v 1.15.0) then I'm not able to build the code, the Build command is disabled.

Instead, if I follow the doc AN5952 I'm able to build the code also from CubeIde, it seems that the CMake generated files are different if I generate the CMake project files from scratch by using the AN5952 and if I generate the CMake project files from CubeMX 6.11.0

Thanks

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaxC
Associate III

Hello everybody,

I have done some tests in order to better understand how to handle STM32 prj from CMake and VS Code.

• Folllowing the AN5952 doc you can create a CMake prj from scratch or you can load an already available CMake project into CubeIde and you can build that projects from CubeIde.
  • If you want to use VSCode you can install the STM32 VSCode extension from VSCode marketplace  (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=stmicroelectronics.stm32-vscode-extension) along with other STM32 tools like STM32CubeCLT, STM32CubeMX and STM-MCU-FINDER. After the installation you can follow the user guide available in the STM32 extension, in the user guide there are also some video tutorial links.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MaxC
Associate III

Hello everybody,

I have done some tests in order to better understand how to handle STM32 prj from CMake and VS Code.

• Folllowing the AN5952 doc you can create a CMake prj from scratch or you can load an already available CMake project into CubeIde and you can build that projects from CubeIde.
  • If you want to use VSCode you can install the STM32 VSCode extension from VSCode marketplace  (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=stmicroelectronics.stm32-vscode-extension) along with other STM32 tools like STM32CubeCLT, STM32CubeMX and STM-MCU-FINDER. After the installation you can follow the user guide available in the STM32 extension, in the user guide there are also some video tutorial links.

Regards