cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32u0

Hedley
Associate III

Saw the summit last Tue, 10 stm32u073s arrived Fri from mouser, I had Ada working on it yest (sat). Some work to get the openocd cm0 assembly flash writer to work (l4 version's cm4f code -> cm0+). Ada was the usual porting effort. (I have done F103, L4x3, L476, L151, L5, U585 + others).
Now I do this by hot air rework on $2 bluepill boards. Only U585 ever needed special treatment with a cap from B11 ->GND as per the datasheet.
Some notes:
1) Option bytes are now the standard for boot0/boot1. That is to say, boot from flash is the default. Watch out if you are doing shutdown current measurements as that can produce a stone if you can only boot from flash. I saw this possibility and took care to arrange a gpio read loop before heading over to shutdown.
2) I wanted to change that option byte value but the cube programmer tool (v2.16) that understands the u0 (id 489) is 404 this weekend.

3) Looking at 0x1fff7000 that seems all 0. I need to figure out a) where the option bytes are and b) why the space reads back a 0. The idea would be a small Ada utility to override these bluepills to use their external (legacy) bootpins in yellow. In that way, you can never brick the part as you can always sram boot and get back in.

For v1.0.0 ST did a nice job on this new part.

First 2 U073cc transplantsFirst 2 U073cc transplants

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hedley
Associate III

addendum: CubeMX can generate a IDE tool that flips the bit.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hedley
Associate III

addendum: CubeMX can generate a IDE tool that flips the bit.