cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube programmer V2.8.0 issue with Ubuntu 20.04

Hey.. there

I hope all are doing well

I have just upgraded my Ubuntu desktop version from 18.0 to 20.04

Right now, I'm playing with STM32MP1 and that's how to flash the new image i have downloaded the STM32Cube programmer Linux version 2.8.0

After successfully downloading when i try to run the programmer from the search bar then it's unable to run

When i try to run from the command line then, at the same time I'm getting following JRE errors

Can any one leads me the right solution?

All suggestions and comments welcome 🙂

Many Thanks

./STM32CubeProgrammerLauncher
/home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin
chdir /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin/.
current dir /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin

(java:10912): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 16:49:55.369: gdk_x11_display_set_window_scale: assertion 'GDK_IS_X11_DISPLAY (display)' failed
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fb5cd4a9a30, pid=10912, tid=0x00007fb5bc316640
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (8.0_265-b01) (build 1.8.0_265-b01)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (25.265-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libX11.so.6+0x2ba30]  XInternAtom+0x40
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin/hs_err_pid10912.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Aborted (core dumped)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello,

Ok I'm sorry I was not clear enough. I understand your issue, please can you use a console and go inside your folder: /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin

cd /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin

Then run the binary STM32CubeProgrammer:

./STM32CubeProgrammer &

Normally the GUI appears.

Please tell me if this way doesn't work too.

Regards,

Kévin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hi @Mahendra Sondagar​ ,

The error is not related to the Ubuntu version, but the way you launch the STM32CubeProgrammer.

You have to run STM32CubeProgrammer and not the launcher.

If you edit the file STM32CubeProgrammer, you can see that this is a script that set environment variable, then runs correctly the launcher.

In the wiki, a page explains how to run the GUI, part 1.1.1.1.2.6 Populate the SDCard of https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/index.php?title=Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let%27s_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image

Regards,

Kévin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi.. @Kevin HUBER​ 

Thanks for you feedback

Yes, i also followed the STM32MP1 Wiki page that you have mentioned in to above URL

At that time, after installing the programmer, when i try to open the programmer from my installed software search menu , it was not opening!

Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello,

Ok I'm sorry I was not clear enough. I understand your issue, please can you use a console and go inside your folder: /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin

cd /home/mahendra/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin

Then run the binary STM32CubeProgrammer:

./STM32CubeProgrammer &

Normally the GUI appears.

Please tell me if this way doesn't work too.

Regards,

Kévin

Hey.. @Kevin HUBER​ 

Thanks for your feedback

I'll check it by today

Thanks

Thanks

The issue have been resolved 🙂