cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto mickledore SIGN_TOOL

syedelec
Associate III

Hello

In the new version of Yocto release mickedore, SIGN_TOOL variable needs to be specified to sign TF-A binary which should corresponds to STM32CubeProgrammer signing tool https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Signing_tool

Practically, how can we set the the variable to the STM32CubeProgrammer signing tool? Is there a Yocto recipe native that include this tool?

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp/blob/mickledore/recipes-bsp/trusted-firmware-a/tf-a-stm32mp.inc#L296

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @syedelec ,
Great, thanx for the update.
I will check with Yocto team how we could provide a such solution.

Thank your for your feedback ! 🙂

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
syedelec
Associate III

Any update?

Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @syedelec ,
Really sorry for the delay of this answer.

Indeed we just have seen that the wiki page were not well updated for the new release, we will fix it ASAP when expert will come back from summer break.

Concerning the SIGN_TOOL, you have a such way to do it. If you already have cubeProgramer installed on your PC, you can point on the binary of SigningTool placed inside, such as:

SIGN_TOOL = "signingtool/x86_64-linux/bin/STM32MP_SigningTool_CLI"

I hope it well help you to go forward.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I am building in a machine where I cannot run graphical application, so I cannot install cubeProgramer which, from my understanding, is not installable using command line.

Is there a way to statically compile the STM32MP_SigningTool_CLI ? So that it can easily integrate in our meta?

Thanks

Hello @syedelec ,
OK and no possibility to install it on another laptop and just copy the installed folder ? 

Kind regards,
Erwan.

This is what I did for the moment, thanks!

In the long term it would be great to be able to integrate only the STM32MP_SigningTool_CLI tool in our meta to avoid installing the whole cubeProgramer for only using one tool and also to have a standalone meta not depending on external tools. Is this something you plan to do in the near future?

Thanks

Hello @syedelec ,
Great, thanx for the update.
I will check with Yocto team how we could provide a such solution.

Thank your for your feedback ! 🙂

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.