cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Module choice for STM32MP15

diverger
Senior

Hi,

On the DK2 board, there is a LBEE5KL1DX-883 from Murata. But I want to use their LBEE5HY1MW (Type 1MW - LBEE5HY1MW | Wi-Fi® Modules / Wi-Fi® + Bluetooth® Modules | Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.) in my design. But on their site, they only mentions 'NXP I.MX Linux' . As ST has tried 1DX, will 1MW work on ST's Linux distribution? Furthermore, what about other WiFi modules on the market? Is it easy to run them with STM32MP15x?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @diverger​ ,

I can only make a general comment : since Wifi module use SDIO interface and has an up-streamed driver present in OpenSTLinux kernel it should work and be easy to integrate.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @diverger​ ,

I can only make a general comment : since Wifi module use SDIO interface and has an up-streamed driver present in OpenSTLinux kernel it should work and be easy to integrate.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Southbranch
Senior II

H!,

Is there any ST MCU-board that uses a Wi-Fi module which would be relatively easy to integrate to a new PCB-design?

Hardware design is of course thing, but I am also keen of finding an already proven STM32-driver that uses I2C, UART, SPI, that can by used with the HAL-interface to save time in the prototyping. Any hints on this?

Thank in advance

Hi @Lars Sörqvist​ 

I found at least https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-l475e-iot01a.html

EDIT : ST no more recommend usage of the wifi module present on this board for new design.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Great, many thanks!

Hi @Lars Sörqvist​ ,

Sorry, see my EDIT in previous comment : the wifi module of b-L475E-IOT1A looks to be obsolete and ST no more recommend to use it in a new design.

Else, you initially ask about MP15, then switch to "ST MCU-board that uses a Wi-Fi module" and with associated HAL drivers and examples.

On MP15 Wifi is only associated to A7/Linux side and so we don't have such HAL driver and examples.

Can you please clarify ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hi Oliver!

I do apologize if I switched from the aspect of an ST MPU to an ST MCU... I am designing a ST MCU board, thus no Linux.

I jumped into the thread because I am considering a couple of options for a Wi-Fi module and the LBEE5HY1DX/MW is one of them, other considerations could be:

-ISM43362 (I believe is used by ST-board you recommended)

-SPWF01SA21 (previously use by ST-board but now obsolete)

-WizFi360 | WIZnet Document System

-NINA-W10 series (open CPU) | u-blox (also has BLE)

There could be other considerations as well, but I am hoping on a smooth integration with the driver. BLE in the same module would also be nice.

I hope this will clarify

Kind regards

Hi @Lars Sörqvist​ ,

Thanks it's clear.

I recommend you then to create a new post under topics "STM32 MCUs" , "Wifi Modules" and with another title in order to reach skilled community in this domains.

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Will do, thanks!