cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB port 2 cannot be recognized!

Najib Kassab
Associate III

We built a customised board based on the stm32mp175c-dk2, with some changes, one of which was the addition of two USB type-c connectors.

When I try to use the USB in DFU mode, everything works fine, as long as the boot switch is turned off. When I turn the switch on, my computer does not "see" the USB at all. The same image is used on both the stm32mp175c-dk2 and our board. My computer sees the USB in stm32mp175c-dk2, but our board does not.

Anyone who can help me with this problem, as I am unable to establish an ssh connection using ethernet-over-usb?

I want to usb USB_DM/P 20693W00000VOppRQAT.png 

in our connector I have change the DNP resistors to use USB 2 instead of USB 1

0693W00000VOpqAQAT.png

4 REPLIES 4
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Najib Kassab​ 

When you talk about 'boot switch on', I assume it is boot from SD-Card.

Could you please share the UART4 console log (assuming you use that one) ?

If SD-Card boot fail (PA13 toggling), then it is needed to dump BootROM traces (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_trace_analyzer#On_STM32MP15x_lines)

please confirm you are using an oscillator for HSE (as on DK2 board). If you uses a crystal, then you need to change the device tree as only BootROM will autodetect the oscillator Vs Crystal (uBoot rely on DT).

See also https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-STM32MP1-bring-up-troubleshooting-guide

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hello @PatrickF​  What I meant was that when I turn on the boot switch, I boot from the SD-Card.

Yes, I am using USART4 and ECS-1633-240-BN-TR as oscillators for HSE. There is no failure when booting from SD-card because the PA13 LED is not blinking.

So, from what i see PA13 isn't toggling at all, However I did not see the problem till now @PatrickF​ 

Hi,

Please check you defined "bias-pull-up;" on UART_RX inside Device Tree or having a physical pull-up resistor on your board (otherwise uBoot will stop to prompt and will not go in DFU mode).

On DK2, as there is embedded STLINK, there is no such issue.

If no solved, please provide complete UART console trace.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.