cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable get interrupts to Cortex A7_1 in STM32MP157

Srikanth1
Associate III

hello

We are using STM32MP157A-dk1 evaluation board. To this we are writing bare metal code in SEGGER Embedded Studio.

Actually, We have enabled group and set enable registers for respected SGI and PPI interrupts in GICC and GICD registers. By this we are able to generate SGI and PPI interrupts for cortex A_0 but unable to generate for cortex A_1. what might be the issue ?

regards

srikanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Srikanth​ 

Don't know if it help, but please note that, inside the GIC, there is a single 'Distributor', i.e. GICD registers which is are shared with both cores.

But each core has its own 'CPU interface', i.e. each core see their own GICC registers, so you cannot configure core1 interrupts from core0 (don't know if it is what you are trying to do).

Only core1 could enable its own interrupts inside GICC.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Srikanth​,

GICC and GICD registers configuration is not an easy task, and a little error in this last one can bring some usage troubles.

Could you please share a complete dump of your GICC and GICD registers that can help us to understand what is going wrong ?

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Srikanth​ 

Don't know if it help, but please note that, inside the GIC, there is a single 'Distributor', i.e. GICD registers which is are shared with both cores.

But each core has its own 'CPU interface', i.e. each core see their own GICC registers, so you cannot configure core1 interrupts from core0 (don't know if it is what you are trying to do).

Only core1 could enable its own interrupts inside GICC.

Regards.

Thank you for reply @Erwan SZYMANSKI​ 

Now we are getting all interrupts in both cores.

Thank you for reply @PatrickF​ 

Now we are getting all interrupts in both cores and also one core to another core.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'