cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to make BSP work with stm32mp157 engineering mode

Yamir.1
Associate II

Hello. I've been trying to make the ADC work in my stm32mp157f-ev1 board. It is my understanding that I need BSP to make it work because when I disabled BSP in the ADC example code I noticed receiving the same result as my code.

When I try to add the BSP files provided in the mp1 package I get errors saying that the I2C_HandleTypeDef is not defined. I tried to work around the issue but to no avail. Is there something I'm missing that I should do or what? Thanks for any help provided

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @Yamir.1​ ,

did you generate your code with STM32CubeMx or STM32CubeIDE ?

I recommend that you start a CubeMx/CubeIDE project from STM32MP157F-EV1 board and modify it as you need.

Maybe some help on this page: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeMP1_Package#Drivers

EV1 BSP are located in Drivers\BSP\STM32MP15xx_EVAL

STPMIC1 control is needed to start ADC supply

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @Yamir.1​ ,

did you generate your code with STM32CubeMx or STM32CubeIDE ?

I recommend that you start a CubeMx/CubeIDE project from STM32MP157F-EV1 board and modify it as you need.

Maybe some help on this page: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeMP1_Package#Drivers

EV1 BSP are located in Drivers\BSP\STM32MP15xx_EVAL

STPMIC1 control is needed to start ADC supply

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for clearing that the problem is with the need for the BSP's STPMIC1. I've worked more on the issue based on that and realized that I need to have I2C enabled when including the BSP driver files to the project. After doing so no error appears anymore.

Thanks a lot for your help