cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect host PC to STM32MP157C-DK2 Using ST-Link port

CTeo.1
Associate

I loaded my custom built yocto image into my SD card using the STM32CubeProgrammer and the process was completed successfully.

However, when I toggled the boot switches to boot from SD card, I was not able to connect my host computer (a Ubuntu 20.04 desktop PC) to STM32MP1 board via CN11. When I plugged the micro USB cable from my host computer into CN11 on the STM32MP1 board, my host computer did not detect any new USB device. Can you please advise the steps to troubleshoot this?

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @CTeo.1​ 

CN11 is directly connected to STLINK, so it's behavior is not related to any SD-Card content nor boot switches.

Once connected to a PC, you should see a composite device with a VCP (for UART console) and a debug port.

Does 'lsusb' shows "STMicroelectronics ST-LINK/V2.1" ?

Maybe try on another PC, maybe try also on a windows PC.

Please check https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites

Maybe try to update STLINK FW to latest version https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hi,
I also tried connecting it to a windows host PC and did NOT observe any new device detected in device manager.
I was able to connect to the STM33MP1 board using ST32CubeProgrammmer. I wonder if there is a way to determine the exact board config and check the current firmware revision from there before I attempt to flash new firmware?
Thank you.
Regards,
CG.
PatrickF
ST Employee

CubeProgrammer make use of USB DFU from DK2 board CN7 (USB Type-C).

STLINK is connected with CN11 (micro-B connector).

You could run the STLINK FW updater, it will display the current FW version before you are asked to update. There is anyway no drawback to update to latest STLINK FW.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.