cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX supported on STM32MP1?

Friedl
Associate III

Hi!

As the TouchGFX library is free for STM32, will it also support the STM32MP1 running under Linux?

Regards

Friedl

15 REPLIES 15
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Ok, i'll dig out the old project and give you a list of tasks.

/Martin

Friedl
Associate III

Dear @Martin KJELDSEN​, any news on if we can expect support for TouchGFX WITH hardware acceleration running on STM32MP1 on-top of Linux next year?

I'll have a project early next year where this would really help turn the tide in favor of the STM32MP1.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@Friedl​,

It's not something we've planned, at least. And we're not talking about it much. It was never really a plan to target application processors with advanced hardware acceleration / opengl. But you never know 🙂

/Martin

Dear @Martin KJELDSEN​, ​ thanks for the update.

Sadly not the one I wanted to hear :sad_but_relieved_face:

So no easy path to have one team of firmware programmers create a GUIs on Cortex-M (STM32(F2/4)/F7/H7) and Cortex-A (STM32MP1) devices.

Within our (company) structure this then makes two different teams, firmware and software programmers respectively. :pensive_face:

I know. The problem is, we'd have to do a ton of work to re-work the framework to take advantage of the MP1 - otherwise it makes no sense to run on it. Might as well run Qt or similar. TouchGFX was always targeting micros with simple hardware acceleration (ChromART) to enable low cost solutions on low power hardware.

/Martin

If we'd use QT or similar, there's no compelling reason for the STM32MP1.