cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157C-DK2 won't boot after flashing

BMcCa.3
Associate II

I'm able to download an image onto STM32MP157C-DK2 according to the wiki. The Cube Programmer indicates success. When I flip the boot switches to ON and reboot, DL8 lights after a few seconds but nothing on the screen. During flashing the LCD does display information.  

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

v2.33.25 version of ST-Link FW was buggy for STM32MP1 (symptom is 'blocking the boot'), could you please tell us which version you have and upgrade to latest one v2.34.25 (using the CubeProgrammer 'firmware upgrade' button).

See also https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-link007.html

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @BMcCa.3​ 

Can you please plug a cable on ST-Link port and get the Linux boot trace on Virtual Com port ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BMcCa.3
Associate II

Initially I did not have VCP connected. After connecting via Win10 and TeraTerm it booted right up. After experimentation, it seems the VCP needs to be connected. Does this sound right? Attached is the trace. Loaded is the Basic version and not the Trusted. Just wanted to see if that made a difference (obviously didn't).

Thanks.

v2.33.25 version of ST-Link FW was buggy for STM32MP1 (symptom is 'blocking the boot'), could you please tell us which version you have and upgrade to latest one v2.34.25 (using the CubeProgrammer 'firmware upgrade' button).

See also https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-link007.html

BMcCa.3
Associate II

Previous version : V2.J33.M25

Upgraded version: V2.J34.M25

After upgrading, the device boots as expected.

Thanks.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Strange, doesn't STM32MP157C-DK2 have Stlinkv3 with firmware V3J3... ? Otherweise, where to get V2.J34.M25 , probabl y incorporatiing V3.J4?

Latest ST-LINK V2 FW (V2.J34.M25) could be get here.

Note that STM32CubeProgrammer v2.1.0 does not update yet to this latest STLINK-FW (and unfortunately, it use v2.J33.M25 which has some side-effect with STM32MP157C-DK2).

STM32MP157C-DK2 does not deserve an ST-LINK V3 as it's faster speed will not make difference here. SD-Card is either loaded using direct STM32MP157C OTG High-Speed port or directly on a PC host.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

The new firmware did not yet propagate to the public with the link you gave. Have to look tomorrow. Otherwise, why does a NUCLEO32_G43 "deserve" a STLINKV3 while the MP157 Disco does not 😉

The link still offers onle 2.33.25 and 2.32.22. Please have a look!

I agree that website is a bit misleading, but if you don't use 'previous versions' drop-down button, and just click on "Get Software" button, you get the latest version (i.e. 2.34.25).

if not logged, I agree the version is not visible by default, using the '+' on the left make it clearer.