cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32mp153 - CubeMX - mpu clock mux not editable

SScar.2
Senior

Hi there, 

I'm trying to configure a CubeMX project, starting from scratch, for a custom board based on a STM32MP153CAC3. 
And I'm having an issue with the MPU clock setting. In particular, I can't select any MPU Clock Mux option and see the PLL1 tree as not editable: 

SScar2_0-1716818755876.png

Is it normal? Do I have to change something to unlock the configuration? It seems very strange to me that I can't change the MPU clock! 

NOTE: used CubeMX v6.9 and v6.11, standalone version, same result. 

Please help me 🙂 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SScar.2
Senior

Hi @AScha.3 , 

hover.png

Mh interesting, looks like that... well, it seems I don't have to do anything to run at maximum speed by default. 

That's ok, I think. 

Thanks a lot for your time!! 

See ya

EDIT: Found it!

SScar2_0-1716824083612.png

Was pretty hidden 🙂 

sorry... and thanks again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

as long, as you dont use any of its outputs...it shows "unused" = grey.

AScha3_1-1716819463521.png

on bottom MCU mux (blue) something is used...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @AScha.3 ,

thanks for the quick response! 

Yes, your answer makes a lot of sense. And by the way, I've always set the clock for the peripherals in that way. 

But now I'm asking myself (and you), what's the meaning of that clock (MPUSS_CK)? Isn't the main core frequency? If it's not, how can I set the frequency of the MPU (if there's a way to do that)? 

Thanks

>But now I'm asking myself (and you), what's the meaning of that clock (MPUSS_CK)?

Dont know - (as i dont have any MPU 🙂 ) - but yes MPU and MCU ckls should be the core clocks...

see ds/rm :

AScha3_0-1716822568744.png

+

For the "grayed" muxes -> just hover on it with mouse pointer - and wait , it shows you text : why...and what to do !

🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SScar.2
Senior

Hi @AScha.3 , 

hover.png

Mh interesting, looks like that... well, it seems I don't have to do anything to run at maximum speed by default. 

That's ok, I think. 

Thanks a lot for your time!! 

See ya

EDIT: Found it!

SScar2_0-1716824083612.png

Was pretty hidden 🙂 

sorry... and thanks again