cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP13 Line ST-Link Possible Version?

SL1
Associate III

Hello, I am in the process of planning and testing the STM32mp13 Line.

We have equipped our project board with the STM32mp13 CPU, but we encountered an issue when trying to connect it via St-link; it did not establish a connection.

The St-Link version we are using is V2.

Could you please provide a response?

SL1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SL1 

you can debug the STM32MP1x family using ST-Link V2.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Platform_trace_and_debug_environment_overview

But you can't connect to STM32MP1 using CubeProgrammer with SWD/JTAG.

Flashing of MPU products must be done using USB (OTG port for STM32MP1 family).

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I've translated your question using a web based translator:

Hi, I am in the process of planning and testing the STM32mp13 Line.

I have mounted an STM32mp13 CPU on my project board, but when I tried to connect it via St-link, I encountered a problem and it wouldn't connect.

The St-Link version we are using is V2.

Can you give me an answer?

Please provide photos of your ST-LINK/V2 from the rear and front.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your response.

Due to an issue with the browser I was using, the language was incorrectly recorded, so I have corrected it to English.
The photo below shows what I have
Front.jpgRear.jpg

Regards

SL1

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Such connection problems have often been discussed here in the community and in most cases this is due to cheap but unsupported clones from unauthorised dealers. Your ST-LINK/V2 is most likely an illegal clone with a fake STM32F103 and is therefore not recognised as a valid debug tool (see also this Knowledge Base article).

Before you now unscrew your ST-LINK/V2 to check it, you can check it e.g. with the STM32CubeProgrammer:

• just connect the ST-LINK/V2,
  • start the STM32CubeProgrammer and
  • establish the connection to the ST-LINK/V2 with the button Firmware upgrade on the right.
  • Then start the STLinkUpgrade process, which should first display the 24-digit serial number. The button Open in update mode would then show you the firmware version of the ST-LINK.

However, if the serial number already shows implausible values, e.g. only one letter, it is definitely a fake.

If in doubt, you should actually unscrew the ST-LINK/V2 (two screws under the sticker on the back) and check what kind of MCU is installed. You can find more information here, for example.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Upon checking, the serial number appears to be a single digit (Programmer).

Since the case and appearance are identical, I thought it was a genuine product.

Therefore, I searched for a genuine product and attempted to connect it, but the connection failed

SL1_0-1716855838271.png

SL1_1-1716855869913.png

We are using the MP131FAE7 CPU and have set up the debug line as follows

PF14 : SWCLK

PF15 : SWDIO

PH4 : SWO

NJTRST, NRST

We have connected NJTRST and NRST according to the CPU pins.

Could you please provide a solution to this issue?

Additionally, Is it possible to debug this CPU with the V2 version?

Hi @SL1 

you can debug the STM32MP1x family using ST-Link V2.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Platform_trace_and_debug_environment_overview

But you can't connect to STM32MP1 using CubeProgrammer with SWD/JTAG.

Flashing of MPU products must be done using USB (OTG port for STM32MP1 family).

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.