cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power the STM32MP157F-DK2 board through the GPIO connector

MHolu.1
Associate II

Hello everyone! I am working on a small prototype based on the STM32MP157F-DK2 development board. For convenience, I want to use a GPIO Connector compatible with the Raspberry Pi to power the board (CN2) instead of the USB Type-C (CN6). I have an expansion module that successfully powers the Raspberry Pi through the GPIO connector (pin 2, 4), but it cannot provide power to the STM32MP157F-DK2 board. The kernel doesn't start up, and an error message appears, indicating the lack of proper power and suggesting the use of power supplies with a 3A current. My module can provide up to 3 amps, which is equivalent to the output of my power adapter that I use to supply power to the board via USB Type-C. I even conducted an experiment and routed the power from the expansion module to the USB Type-C connector (CN6), successfully powering the board, which indicates that the power source is working correctly. Is it possible to power the STM32MP157F-DK2 board through the GPIO connector? If yes, what modifications are necessary on the board, or what characteristics should the power source have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @MHolu.1 

those two posts would help you:

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @MHolu.1 

those two posts would help you:

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.