cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdated Documentation - Perform an SSH Connection

JayDev
Senior II

Not sure where to put it so I'll put it here.  It looks like the "Perform an SSH Connection" document is out of date (unless this is referring to another process).  According to the page, you SSH with:

ssh root@10.48.1.172

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_perform_ssh_connection

It looks like it's changed so now you SSH with:

ssh root@192.168.7.1

Not sure if it helps but thought I'd throw it out there all the same 

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Surely it depends on what you're connecting to. The IP will be different for everyone.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

This is true, but I assume the guide is created to be used with the default settings (otherwise, I'm not entirely sure why they would create the page in the first place). I believe that was the default value in STM32CubeIDE, which I am making the assumption is hardcoded into the program.  If this is randomly assigned by STM32CubeIDE (or from the board itself), then I'm way off.  

By default, I assume the starter image (at the very least) uses 192.168.7.1, is that correct?  Maybe I'm missing the intent of the page.  I just know I opened the page and tried to ssh at the initial address and it didn't work.  I found the address used via the project properties page, which is where I got the 192.168.7.1.  It seems like if you're creating a page for people who don't know how to use ssh, having an example with the default address is probably the way to go.  

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @JayDev 

I agree that this wiki page should have clearly mention that IP address is not fixed and usually assigned by your network DHCP. This is part of some topics which are obvious for most people using networked computers, but could confuse beginners.

See also https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let's_start/Execute_basic_commands#ssh_connection_(only_if_the_Ethernet_cable_connected)

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.