cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP1 SPINAND boot needs HSE ?

Martin Devera
Associate III

We use HSE osc instead of xtal as suggested by errata. However to support STANDBY we need to turn it off by GPIO. The idea is to boot from SPINAND on HSI and turn HSE in bootloader.

Unfortunately it seems that ROM hangs when HSE is not present:

< @ 00646143 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_Pll1Started >

< @ 00651111 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_Pll1Locked >

< @ 00652481 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_Pll2Started >

< @ 00657398 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_Pll2Locked >

< @ 00658999 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_CkMpuSsSwitchedOnPll1 >

< @ 00660470 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_CkAxiSsSwitchedOnPll2 >

< @ 00661050 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_Pll12StartReqStatusPllStarted >

< @ 00824184 | [INFO] - NANDCORE_GetParamFromOtp >

< @ 05653430 | [INFO] - BOOTCORE_HseNoBypass >

< @ 06934011 | [ERR ] - BOOTCORE_HseNotReady >

I tried to set CFG9 bits 1 and 2 (skip HSE detects) but no success. Setting bit 5 in CFG3 (skip PLLs) doesn't help too.

Is HSE usage somehow hardcoded for SPINAND boot ? From docs I get that only USB needs HSE...

thanks, Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin Devera
Associate III

Oops, disregard the post please.

I found bad flash populated ( W25N01GWxxIT instead if xxIG) which has "continuous mode read" feature default on. So that it work after soft reboot because my bootloader turns the feat off. But cold boot fails. New HSE circuit on the same board was only coincidence.

M.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin Devera
Associate III

Oops, disregard the post please.

I found bad flash populated ( W25N01GWxxIT instead if xxIG) which has "continuous mode read" feature default on. So that it work after soft reboot because my bootloader turns the feat off. But cold boot fails. New HSE circuit on the same board was only coincidence.

M.

Hi,

Good to see you find the root cause.

I confirm that the :

< @ 06934011 | [ERR ] - BOOTCORE_HseNotReady >

Was due to BootROM fallback to Serial/USB boot due to issue with the Flash content/access.

Btw, to ease analysis, it is always better to provide full BootROM Trace (which is usually small and does not contain sensitive information)

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.