cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel source code compilation error

Lsc2001
Associate II

drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/optee.c:202:32: error: ‘TEE_OCALL2_OUT_PARAM1_ERROR’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  202 |         PTA_SCMI_OCALL_ERROR = TEE_OCALL2_OUT_PARAM1_ERROR,
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/optee.c:228:31: error: field ‘ocall_arg’ has incomplete type
  228 |         struct tee_ocall2_arg ocall_arg;

drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/optee.c: In function ‘setup_ocall_thread’:
drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/optee.c:518:38: error: ‘TEE_OCALL2_ARG_INIT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  518 |                         .ocall_arg = TEE_OCALL2_ARG_INIT,

I checked that the corresponding optee.c file does not declare the relevant variable.I'd really like to solve this problem. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks again for your reply. I have solved the problem.

I have reinstalled Ubuntu version 18.04 and it has compiled successfully.

thank you

Regards,

Shicheng Luo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hi @Lsc2001 ,

I'd like to ask you a few questions to better understand your problem :

1. Could you please describe your setup in a little more detail?
  2. Are you using a distribution package (Yocto) or a developer package (SDK)? 
  3. Which version do you use?
  4. Have you checked that you've followed all the steps involved in building your system?

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Lsc2001
Associate II

Thank you very much for your reply.I am learning MP135 development board.Let me explain my problem.

1.The Ubuntu version is 22.04

2.I followed the installation instructions to install the latest version of the Developer Package (SDK). Version 23.06.21.The kernel version is 6.1.28.

3.I follow exactly the steps in README to compile the kernel source.The previously mentioned problem occurred during compilation.

Thank you again for your reply and hope to hear from you again.

Hi,

You could check if your SDK is properly sourced when you are in the terminal where you start your build.
You can do a 
$> echo $CC 
and if you don't see anything, your SDK is not sourced and that is probably what is causing your error.
If not, could you share with me the commands you are using and the traces you are getting. 

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks again for your reply. I have solved the problem.

I have reinstalled Ubuntu version 18.04 and it has compiled successfully.

thank you

Regards,

Shicheng Luo